cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie_Cheng
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 10.50.41 AM

Hi everyone! We’re excited to offer an invitation to try one of our newest features - the Google Drive External Source Sync.

With our Google Drive External Source Sync, you can sync metadata of Google Drive files into Airtable. Now, you can collaborate with others and maintain connections to canonical Drive files via linked records.

To sign up for the beta, fill out this quick form and click the link at the end. There will be a feedback link as well. Please note that this feature will only work if you’re on a Pro or Enterprise plan.

Thanks, and let us know if you encounter any issues!

8 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Annie_Cheng, I tried signing up for the beta and clicked on the link at the end of the form — but Google Drive still doesn’t show up as a sync option for me. I even logged out & logged in again to my Airtable account, but it still doesn’t show up.

Dominik_Bosnjak
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Same thing on my end. The form might be where things are breaking up, it looks a bit rough around the edges.

Edit: nevermind that, see below:

Also, hasn’t the Box beta ended? I’m pretty sure the feature hasn’t been marked as experimental for weeks by now.

Jonathan_Gaunt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey @Annie_Cheng I’ve got the same problem…I’ve completed the form but don’t have access the Google Drive data source. Many thanks

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I finally received access. Not sure when it happened, but it works now for me.

Annie_Cheng

Hi everyone! After clicking the link at the end of the form, it usually takes a couple minutes for things to propagate on our end. Please also refresh the Airtable page or navigate to it in a new tab/window.

@Jonathan_Gaunt , let me know if you’re still not seeing Google Drive as a data source.

Jonathan_Gaunt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks @Annie_Cheng - I’ve got access and it looks brilliant.

Dominik_Bosnjak
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Anyone has any thoughts so far? My anecdotal experience: this is by far the buggiest Airtable beta I’ve participated in so far, think I started signing up for these around late 2020 or early this year. Granted, all of my attempted use cases have been rather demanding, file quantity-wise, but this still feels closer to an alpha than a beta. :man_shrugging:t2:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

What sorts of bugs are you seeing? This beta has been working pretty well for me so far.