New Feature: Ability to close form submissions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Trisorus
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! My name is Sarah and I’m a software engineer at Airtable focused on helping new users get up and running with Airtable. I’m excited to jump into the community and share that today we’ve launched the ability to close form submissions!

This will allow you to stop accepting form responses and show a friendly message to your users instead of the form. Previously, you would have had to unshare the form and users would see a generic page unavailable message.

444c1911585038ebf999bea965e3276ee69c3b08.png

Here is a link to our updated support documentation related to this functionality.
We hope you’re as excited about this as we are! 🎊

20 Comments
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Yes, I can only fully agree with this! Welcome @Sarah_Trisorus and great update! A great way to just pause submissions in stead of having to update the form link everywhere.

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Would be great if we could pause view sharing also.Having to regenerate a URL and updating it everywhere is a hassle.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Workaround:

1. Duplicate the view to retain its settings.
  2. Add a field/record that says you are pausing sharing.
  3. Change the filters to show only that field/record.
  4. When you want to resume sharing, delete the message field/record, and copy the settings back to view.
    This is clearly a hacky workaround, and won’t work with a shared calendar view, but it could be better than changing urls.
ianf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have asked for this in the past: very nice to see an update. Thanks much!

M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Very helpful today, thanks!

JulieJ
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

I used this new feature a few days ago to turn off responses for a form. However, now when I go back to the form to try and turn on responses again I'm no longer given the option to do so. Can someone point me in the right direction please 🙏

Thanks, 

Heather
Screenshot 2023-05-11 230824.pngScreenshot 2023-05-11 230815.png

mumat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@JulieJ  I have the same problem. Please share if you figure it out, thanks! 

frank1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 3.20.25 PM.png

 Is there a way to expire forms in the "upgraded" form experience? Not seeing anywhere to close the form. Thanks! 

aubriedaler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does this option not exist anymore? I don't see that choice. Should the "Only users with base access." serve in that function?Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 3.38.29 PM.png

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available on Airtable’s interface forms.

However, the great news is that all of this is possible — and much much more — with Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

See screenshot below. You can manually close a form, or you can automatically set a form to close after a certain date & time.

Fillout also offers dozens of advanced features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records with a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, the ability to dynamically & conditionally filter linked record fields by any values that you would like, the ability to perform math or other live calculations on your forms, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, visually displaying as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), limiting the number of linked records that can be chosen, uploading an unlimited amount of attachments at the same time, and much more.

2. It would be amazing if forms could automatically close after receiving X number of submissions. This is currently possible with JotForm’s advanced forms.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

IMG_0330.jpeg