Hi everyone! I'm Helen, a Product Manager here at Airtable and I'm very excited to announce that we're launching the new Record Templates feature to all Pro and Enterprise users.
This feature enables you to create templates for your frequently repeated projects and automatically create relevant tasks as linked records every time that template is used.
With Record Templates, you will now be able to:
- Create pre-defined templates for the types of records you find yourself creating over and over again
- Link related templates together to bulk-create records across tables
- Set default field values (including date dependencies) on those templates
- Surface templates to end-users in interfaces as record creation options that they can further customize
Some example use cases:
- A creative team tracking asset delivery. The marketing team specifies the type of asset(s) needed, and the relevant tasks for that asset type are automatically added and linked to the request.
- A product team adding a new feature to the roadmap creates placeholder tasks for product, design, and engineering.
- A marketing team working on social media campaigns across multiple social media platforms, with different tiers of campaigns.
How to get started:
Start creating templates in your base by navigating to the Tools menu on the top right.
Set up your template for linked record creation in related tables by additional additional records
Include record template options in places where users can create records
Other questions? Check out our support article for more details on how to use the feature.
We’re looking forward to hearing what you think, please let us know if you have any questions!