238 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_m
5 - Automation Enthusiast

New to AirtTable automation and surprised this hasn't been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in docs or here. I've got a repeating group set up using List of Records as the Input list. The list of records is only 8 rows long.

For each record, I want to run a script. In that script I want to access one of the values from the record currently being iterated over. I was hoping this was passed through `input.config()`, but dumping that reveals only what I manually add as an Input variable.

I had this in the script itself, using `selectRecordsAsync` and iterating over each record. However, the operation exceeded the 30second limit, so I thought a repeating group would be better. 

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.54.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.52.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.51.47 PM.png

First use the find records action.

Then use the repeating group action.  Select the output of the find as your list.  Then launch the script inside of the repeating group section.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.54.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.52.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.51.47 PM.png

First use the find records action.

Then use the repeating group action.  Select the output of the find as your list.  Then launch the script inside of the repeating group section.

andy_m

@Dan_Montoya If it were a snake it would have bitten me. That worked perfectly. thanks