cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Israel_Garza
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have two tables that are linked. I have table 1 that consists of the membership information:

• Email (primary field)
  • Last name
  • First name
  • phone

I have table 2 that adds records after submission of a form. This consists of visits you can do once you are a member:

•  ID (primary field)
  • Email (only field to be filled out in form)
  • Last name
  • First name
  • Date

The idea is to create records of each visit and it should autocomplete the fields (last name, first name) on table 2 pulling them from table 1 based on the email (matched field). The key here is not to manually select the "link to table 1" field but it should be done automatically.

Please I would appreciate any suggestions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I assume your users are keying in their emails in the form manually?  If so, make an automation that triggers on form submission where it pastes the email into the linked field.  Since the records are now linked the lookup fields will populate

I'm confused though; in your post you mention that the email is the primary field in Table 1, but in your screenshot that is not the case.  Note that what I've mentioned above will only work if the email is the primary field for Table 1

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi!
Looks like you need to make your email field in Table 2 the linked field to Table 1.  You can eliminate the current linked field in Table 2 (members) and add a Lookup field for First Name.  

If you would like help with this or anything else, feel free to schedule time with me via my Calendly link: https://calendly.com/bruce_consulting/30min
Jody

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I assume your users are keying in their emails in the form manually?  If so, make an automation that triggers on form submission where it pastes the email into the linked field.  Since the records are now linked the lookup fields will populate

I'm confused though; in your post you mention that the email is the primary field in Table 1, but in your screenshot that is not the case.  Note that what I've mentioned above will only work if the email is the primary field for Table 1

Israel_Garza

I was able to make it work with an automation on form submission and performing an actions "Finding record" and then "Update Record". Thank you.