Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Chauvet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I was wondering if there is a way to automate this:

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Hi @Paul_Chauvet - yes you could automate this. As you want exactly 25 records per day I think the automation will probably need a script (there isn’t a way with a view, for example, to select only 25 records). The process would be something like this:

• Trigger: A scheduled time (24 hours)
  • Action: Run script

The script will:

• Query the table for records not yet assigned
  • “slice” the returned array of records to get exactly 25
  • assign them or link them to the next user (“next user” would need some logic too)
  • mark these 25 assigned records so that they don’t get picked up by the automation again

The next user thing is also a challenge but could definitely be done. It seems like you’ve got 3 users, but ideally this automation would adapt to any number of users to make it future proof.

One other comment I’d add is that, generally, I wouldn’t recommend copying the leads to the appropriate user table. There might be some circumstances where this is the preferred option, but usually, you want to keep records of the same type (leads in this case), in the same table with a different “assigned to” or status, for example.

(If you’re not into scripting and have a budget for a small project, DM me for idea of costs to set this up)