cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHH_Sprachraum
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I would like to create an automation that triggers each time a record is created to update a formula (I guess, this is the part I'm unsure about).

One table creates records through an automated link to Google Calendar, creating a field with a number value (number of hours) and a single line text (a name). In another table, I want to add up all the hours in one record, titled by the same name. This record already exists, so it needs to be updated every time Google Calendar creates another record with the name of the person in it.

I already set up the automation to trigger each time a record is created and link it to the second table via "search records" and IF {Name} in table one IS {Name} in table two (paraphrasing here). Now I can't figure out what to put in the formula field in the second table to actually let it update and show the sum of the hours of all the records in table one.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1 Reply 1

Hi @CHH_Sprachraum,

I believe a good solution would be using the SUM() or ROLLUP() formulas in the second table, linking to the column that you wish to sum up in the first (I believe this is the hours column but it could also be another value type. This will constantly update showing the total, updated sum.

I hope this helps!

Calendly: https://alessiomonino.com/contact
Email: alessio.monino@gmail.com