Help

Automation. Modify automation or script needed?

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
1156 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bedjik
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, I would really appreciate if someone could help me to solve my puzzle)

I have a table "Schedule" where we input addresses, every address goes into 3 separate fields, 

"Street Name", "City" and "Zip Code"

So I created an automation (check images attached) where "Zip Code" field is auto filled with preset zip code when a "City" is chosen. Everything works fine, but automation works with one city only and my question is, is there a chance to modify automation where I can add options to fill zip codes for other cities in the same automation, not just one or I need something else and I chose the wrong path to do it.

I tried to create a separate automation for every city we have in the "City" field, but very quickly I was told by Airtable that my plan allows me to have only 40 automations and I have around 100 cities in the "City" field

Thank you in advance for those willing to help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hm, what if you used a formula field with `SWITCH()`to deal with this instead of an automation? 

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 11.05.14 PM.png

SWITCH(
  City,
  "Dayton", "08810",
  "City 1", "12345",
  "City 2", "67890"
)

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This is not possible. Instead of using single select fields and automations, you need to use linked record fields and lookup fields to do this. To learn more about linked records and lookup fields, check out my Airtable training course at https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable.

If you need more detailed help, post a message at TableForums, where it is easier for the experts to give help.

TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hm, what if you used a formula field with `SWITCH()`to deal with this instead of an automation? 

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 11.05.14 PM.png

SWITCH(
  City,
  "Dayton", "08810",
  "City 1", "12345",
  "City 2", "67890"
)

Link to base

Thank you TheTimeSavingCo, everything worked and you are the creative mind!