Help

Automation Scheduled Email: how to link records in the message so user can update the records

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
247 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nothingbutair
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created a scheduled email to send weekly when the status of my table matches certain conditions.  The message was done in a grid view to include the column information.  I am trying to figure out how the user that receives the email can actually update the records using the email instead of having to go into the base table. What am I missing? Is there a way to click to the records in order to update from the email that is sent out.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, that's even easier. Just put the link to the record in the email. You can create a formula that creates a unique link to each record.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Depends on what kind of update you're looking for really.  If it's a lot of stuff, your best bet's a link to a form that'll update the record for you.  If it's just a single value (e.g. change status from X to Y) then you could use a link in your email with a webhook of some sort to do it instead, so the user would just click that and the update would happen automatically

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@nothingbutair 

Here are 2 great options for this:

1. For a quick update, you can use a Make custom webhook to do this. I demonstrate this with step-by-step instructions on this Airtable podcast episode.

2. For more detailed updates, use Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which lets you update records from a form. Each record will have its own unique form link that will take the user to the form for that record.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

nothingbutair
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ok I will look at webhook. I was hoping there was a way to just link a view or record so that once clicked it would just take them to the table.  I am not looking for them to update as much as I am wanting to direct them to the table instead of just looking at a grid view that I emailed.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, that's even easier. Just put the link to the record in the email. You can create a formula that creates a unique link to each record.