962 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisTSS
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I just had at LEAST 20% of my automations consumed within less than an hour, that's about 10,000 automation runs depleted in an instant and I am hard pressed to believe it was not a bug.

What I assume is that this automation called new inquiry started triggering on old records already that exist, even though it was only supposed to trigger on record creation.

If you look at the screenshot, you can see there's a ton of these automation triggered for no reason.

Is there a way for the customer service team to reinstate the automation runs that were consumed?

3 Replies 3

Not sure why it ran thousands of automations at once, but be sure to email support@airtable.com about this.

As far as resetting or increasing automation runs:

Unfortunately, this is one of the Top 5 Mission Critical Problems with Airtable that customers have been complaining about for 3 years (since automations were first introduced).

There is no way to pay for more automation runs nor increase your automation runs, so if you reach the maximum number of runs, your entire business’ operations will be shut down until the following month.

Your only recourse is to send an email to support@airtable.com and ask them to reset your automation runs for the month. However, it could be several days or weeks before they respond to you.

In the meantime, this is one of the most important reasons that I urgently advise people to build all of their Airtable automations with Make, which is the world’s best automation & integration platform for Airtable. This problem can never happen with Make, because you can always increase your automation runs if you run out.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

Yes, I've had this response with you before and I have migrated a good portion of my automations on to make.com.

The issue I have currently are the ones that are running on webhooks, I still need them to capture the webhook, at 0 automations, it is a huge problem.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@DennisTSS 

If you’re already at 0 automations, you can temporarily trigger your webhooks by creating button fields or URL fields in Airtable. Each URL would be a different Make webhook address. When the user clicks on the URL, it will open up a new tab in their web browser that says “Accepted”, and the Make scenario will run. You can even create a long text field in Airtable (make sure it’s an RTF-formatted field) that lists all the different webhook URLs that your users can click on.

(What’s kind of cool about this approach is that you can create customized “webhook responses” in Make to display whatever you want to show them in their web browser.)