353 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mc585
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My Customers book appointments through google calendars. When they book I want their info to be added as a new contact in my airtable base. The issue is that the info doesn't show up clear and their email, phone number, and name all show up as one massive gargle with page breaks and such. How can I tell airtable what info to pull for what column (name, email, phone number)? 

Also, Once this data get cleaned I want to set up an automation to add that contact to google contacts so that when someone calls their name shows up on my phone. Is there a way to link their airtable customer history to their google contact? 

2 Replies 2

As far as I know, you can't do that with Airtable's native automations. You would either need to write a Javascript to handle this for you, or do this with Make's Google Calendar integrations and Google Contacts integrations. If you've never used Make before, it will likely take a few hours to learn, so I've assembled some training resources in this thread.

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Is the data pretty consistent, specifically it always has first and last name separated by a space (no middle names, suffixes or prefixes) followed by an email and a phone number?

If so, you could do this with a bunch of formula fields I reckon

For the Google Contacts thing, you'll need some kind of third party integration like Zapier, IFTTT, Make, etc