898 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandi_Moody
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello - I would like to add contacts from my Gmail into Airtable in real time as my emails come in. Does anyone know how I can set this up? I’d like the same kind of feature as the web clipper, but for email profiles/addresses.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Brandi_Moody!

You would need to do this with an external app that could monitor your incoming emails for you, and then send the contact information into your Airtable base.

You can do this with an external automation tool such as Integromat, and there are many other automation tools on the market they can do this as well.

Check out the link below:

Brandi_Moody
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m checking that out now @ScottWorld - any chance you have a link to show how this automation works?

I’m not actually looking for this to be automatic. I’d like to be able to pick and choose who I put in airtable.

You can set the Gmail module to only monitor certain folders (instead of your inbox), so you can move messages into a specific folder if you want those messages to be processed. It sounds like that might be the best solution for you.

There are other ways to approach the problem too, such as setting up a mailhook in Integromat (i.e. a special email address) that you forward messages to, although that presents a different set of challenges such as properly extracting the email address from the forwarded email.

It takes some time to setup these automations, so I can’t outline all the steps here, but if you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com: