Help

Creating an Automation that will post to Linkedin when a record meets certain conditions

Topic Labels: Automations
1263 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
projects
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to be able to post to LinkedIn from Airtable using the automations but only when the record is ‘ready to post’ and at a specific date and time that it has been scheduled. Can anyone provide some guidance in the best possible way to do this?

4 Replies 4

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

You’ll need to use a 3rd party tool like Zapier or Integromat which both have a LinkedIn connector.

• Create a Status single-select field with Ready to Post as an option and create a date field called Post Time.

You can use the native Airtable automations IF you have a HootSuite account. If so, create an Action based on those conditions, then the Action is ‘Schedule a post’ in HootSuite

If you don’t have HootSuite, you can then create the connection in one of the other tools to post when those 2 conditions are met. It looks like Integromat has more LinkedIn options.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Apologies I am quite new to airtable so could you expand in more detail? I have looked at both Zapier and Integromat. The Integromat does seem to offer more options but while trying to set it up it asks for a formula to filter to the correct airtable fields, which I seem to be stuck on - do you know what would be needed for this?

I also currently have a single select field with ‘Ready to Post’ and a Post Schedule which is a date and time format and have a social Media Platform multiple select with Linked In as an option. Ideally when LinkedIn, Ready to Post and the correct Date and Time is on all three fields I would want the post to go to LinkedIn?

And by setting it up in Integromat does this become an automation?

projects
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also don’t have a HootSuite account

Yes, Integromat is an automation platform.

Airtable does have built-in automations, but they don’t currently have as many connectors (like LinkedIn) as some of the 3rd party automation platforms.

I’m not sure about the formula option for the Integromat Airtable connector as I haven’t used that particular module.

Try using this article to set up the automation using Zapier.