5781 30
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Foxwort
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I am trying to figure out an issue where attachments in my Airtable records are being deleted - allegedly by me according to the record history - when I am doing nothing of the sort.

I am using Integromat to create an Airtable record from incoming emails - the script includes populating an Attachments field in Airtable with certain email attachments.

I then have a native Airtable automation that classifies these incoming email message records based on their content and updates a Message_type field

That all works just fine, however in many, but strangely not all cases, the attachment then mysteriously gets deleted…

Here’s the record history pane from one of these records (I’ve obscured the data fields)

Bill_Hero__Bill_Hero_bills_uploaded_-_Airtable

The Activity history shows the initial creation of the record via API, including an attachment, from Integromat, then the classification step using my Airtable script - in this case is a ‘no match’. All this script does is set a value in a ‘Message type’ field based on sting matching against content in the email body

But then the Activity history it shows the attachment is deleted - by me! But I did not delete it!

How can if work out what is actually driving this unwanted deletion of the attachment?

30 Replies 30
caffeinatedwes
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I thought I was crazy until I discovered this thread. Has anyone heard any update from Airtable?