1042 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auekk2787
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We've built a ticket management system and every ticket has a "Status" and "Assigned To" field. I'd like to send a Monday digest email that lists all tickets "Under Review" - but send as separate emails to each person who has been assigned a ticket and show just their ticket details. 

I was able to start with this article, but this automation only sends 1 email, which I can send to everyone listed as "Assigned To". 

https://support.airtable.com/docs/how-to-create-email-digests-with-automations

In the To field, I've put the List of Emails from Assigned To found. This produces a result like "Name 1, Name 1, Name 2, Name 3, Name 3".

Instead, I want to send individual separate emails to each person, showing just their tickets. Is this possible?

Screenshot 2023-06-13 111509.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap this is doable. 

Assuming you have a tasks table like this:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.50.01 PM.png

And a users table like this:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.50.04 PM.png

You could set up your automation to find all the records in the "Users" table, and for each of the users, find the tasks that are linked to them and then send those tasks to each person as an email:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.49.54 PM.png

Resulting in this:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.49.49 PM.png

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Are you wanting the recipient to only see their email address on the email list?

How I do this is set the "To" field to a general email eg. info@company.com
Then add a "BCC" field to your email list.

I'm sure you've also figured out that you're able to personalise the email by name and other details by hitting that blue "+" in your message block. Hope this helps 🙂

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap this is doable. 

Assuming you have a tasks table like this:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.50.01 PM.png

And a users table like this:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.50.04 PM.png

You could set up your automation to find all the records in the "Users" table, and for each of the users, find the tasks that are linked to them and then send those tasks to each person as an email:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.49.54 PM.png

Resulting in this:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 7.49.49 PM.png

Link to base

auekk2787
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I see. Right now I'm using a Users column type, not a link to a Users table. We have a large team and it's easier to just use the Users column type. Airtable doesn't allow your primary column to be a User. Is there a compromise or would I need to create a new record for every member of my team?

Hmm, if you want to continue using a "Users" column type I think you'd need to use a script I'm afraid.  The script would retrieve all the active collaborators for the base and you could use that in your "Find Records" action.  Should work I think!