Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Encoded HTML link from button field breaks the command

Topic Labels: Automations
304 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently I have a HTML prompt that will launch iMessage on Mac and prepopulate a body of the message.

The formula looks like

SMS:/ (123) 456-7891 /&body=Hi person, it was great to see you!

When I input this into my web browser, it works great: launches imessage, prepopulates the number and text body. I want to get the button field to launch this HTML line: PROBLEM is that when I launch the button “open URL” it encodes the HTML line automatically and outputs something like-

http://sms/%20(123)%20456-7891%20/&body=Hi%20,%20it%20was%20so%20good%20to%20see%20you%20last%20nigh...!

This no longer works and just says site cannot be reached. Any help or suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Hello @newdatabasedesignguy,

Adam from Airtable here.

Our article about the button field may be helpful here. To help me understand a bit more about your setup, could you take a screenshot of your base and show all the specifics of how your button field is currently set up?

Thanks!

Did anyone ever figure this out?

I want to create a button that launches a prefilled text on my mac/phone and am having trouble getting the button to work as well.

“sms:+” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Cell Phone} & "?&body=Hey " & {First Name} & “/N” & “, Click below to register.”) is my formula and if I paste it into the url bar it works great however Airtable doesn’t see this as a link.