cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SophieULB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

Table 1= I have a list of workshops and a multiple select field "date" which allows me to record all dates when this workshop will be organized the next year. Each line has a unique workshop linked to several dates.

SophieULB_0-1687783402334.png

I have another table, table 2 or program, where each line is built by a workshop given at a fixed date.

SophieULB_1-1687783507491.png

I would like to automatically fill in the table 2. That is to say I would like to create a new record in table 2 when a date is added in the multiple select field of table 1.

Is this possible? (I manage to create the record, but not to extract the value of the date entered in Table 1 to fill the calendar field of Table2).

Many thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hello, @SophieULB 

There is a data integrity issue when generating records with multi-select.
With this method, if a schedule change occurs and a date is deleted and a new date is added, the old date will remain.
So the record added to Table 2 should be made a link record to Table 1. This will maintain consistency and allow for various operations.
If you need a UI to add the records from Table 1, you should consider a button or other method of linking the input form to Table 2.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hello, @SophieULB 

There is a data integrity issue when generating records with multi-select.
With this method, if a schedule change occurs and a date is deleted and a new date is added, the old date will remain.
So the record added to Table 2 should be made a link record to Table 1. This will maintain consistency and allow for various operations.
If you need a UI to add the records from Table 1, you should consider a button or other method of linking the input form to Table 2.

If I were you I would convert the multi-select field to a single select, and have the automation to create the record use the value from the single select field for the Date field and also clear out the single select field. 

In Table 1, I would then add a lookup field to display all the dates of the linked records.  This way you can see all the workshop dates in Table 1 like you want, and creating them in Table 2 is still easy to do via the single select value change

Many thanks for this idea. I can have several date per workshop so I think the best will be the proposal from Sho.