Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Google calendar create events wrong time

Topic Labels: Automations
1361 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone, I work at an NGO and I’m trying to put together a booking system so people from a specific program can set up a meeting with someone from the team through a form.

I did everything, but I’m having problems with the Google Calendar automation. It works, but I don’t know why it creates the event two hours later from the time on the date field. I’m guessing this has to do with timezones? but I haven’t been able to figure it out :disappointed_relieved:
can someone help me ? Thank you!!

8 Replies 8

Hey !
I’ve the same problem here ! Have you found some solutions ?
Thanks in advance !

Guys, you just need to add the zone designator directly after the time. For example T13:00+04. It meens 13:00 in UTC+4. See the attached picture Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 11.27.57 PM If you already have the time in your Date and Time field, just add the time zone offset, something like this: Date and Time+04

Does this mean that I should add a time zone indicator of what the time is in Local(as the sended) or the destination of the participant?

Hello, I’m trying to figure out a solution for this as well.

I’m currently subscribed my google cal using the Airtable calendar URL. I have a start and end time and date for each entry; however whenever it shows up on my Google Cal the times are off.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.54.47 PM
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.54.06 PM

Here is the formula on the End Time column (DATEADD({Shoot Date},2,‘hours’)

Any help will be great!

Hi,
I had the same issue, and I found an easy workaround for this. I calculated the time difference between Date fields and Google calendar event after I created the event using Airtable automation. Both for start and end dates, I created 2 formula fields to add that time difference (+8 hours on my example) using DATEADD() function and dynamically add those fields into Google Start and End date fields in the automation.I, then hide the fields.FYI: Automation is triggered when I mark the checkbox (Field Name: ‘Takvim…’). Please let me know if you could find something more reasonable.
AirtableCommunitySS

Did anyone find a solution on this? What baran_alpo shows us is pretty unconfortable since yo have to change all the formulas when the time chages in your country.

I tried revil_fahreev solution but it doesnt work

Hey there,

Has a solution been found on this issue ?
Same as @David_Alonso, I find the 1st solution pretty unconfortable and the other one won’t work…
It would be really useful to find something as I wan’t to avoid using Zapier here (which does the job pretty well though)
Thanks

Hello!

I have been using this formula: DATEADD({Date},-2,‘hours’)

So I create two other columns for the start time and the end time and then for my automation I use the formula column.

It’s not the most practical solution, but it works!
Hope it helps you :slightly_smiling_face: