307 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Hudson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

See screenshots below - I've used the "find records" option many times, and always restrict it to a specific view.  Only this time, and any time I test the find records action anywhere globally, it suddenly seems to stop at 10 records. 

The description still lists the limit as 100 records, it just stops at 10.  The view in question has 52 records in it. I've even went so far as to test this on older automations which we've since stopped using (afraid to touch any currently running automations for fear they might stop working properly).

I've recreated the automation, refreshed the page, re-sorted/grouped records, but have not been able to work around the issue.

Has anyone else ran into this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Oh wow, I was just able to reproduce this exact problem when finding records by a view.

This seems like some sort of a bug in Airtable, although it looks like this bug depends on what the next action step is after the "find records" step.

For example, if my next action is sending an email with the records embedded in the email, it only lists the first 10 records in the email.

However, if I perform a repeating action that loops through the found records, it will loop through all 100 records!

You may want to report this as a bug to support@airtable.com, so they can investigate this further.

As a workaround, you may want to use Make’s advanced Airtable automations, which can return ANY number of records (even more than 100), and you can embed them in an email by using Make’s text aggregator tool or Make’s table aggregator tool.

Also, as I mentioned above, Make can find even more than 100 records, so Make is usually the best way to handle advanced Airtable automations. 

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Oh wow, I was just able to reproduce this exact problem when finding records by a view.

This seems like some sort of a bug in Airtable, although it looks like this bug depends on what the next action step is after the "find records" step.

For example, if my next action is sending an email with the records embedded in the email, it only lists the first 10 records in the email.

However, if I perform a repeating action that loops through the found records, it will loop through all 100 records!

You may want to report this as a bug to support@airtable.com, so they can investigate this further.

As a workaround, you may want to use Make’s advanced Airtable automations, which can return ANY number of records (even more than 100), and you can embed them in an email by using Make’s text aggregator tool or Make’s table aggregator tool.

Also, as I mentioned above, Make can find even more than 100 records, so Make is usually the best way to handle advanced Airtable automations. 

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Already done - sent it in earlier this morning.  Glad it's not just me.

Funny you mention it though, my next action was embedding the records in an email.  Thanks for the assistance!

I am experiencing the same behavior FWIW

I got an update from Airtable support.  They've limited testing (temporarily) to 10 records while their developers are working on enhancing the find records automation to go beyond the 100 record limit.

I have been advised that any test of the automation will always return 10 records, as will any subsequent test of automations relying on the find records automation.  This includes not just testing individual steps, but hitting the "test automation" button (I frequently use this to send/resend reports as needed).

That being said, actual automation runs seem to be working properly as of now.

See my reply to solution above - I got a response from Airtable developers on the matter.