Help

How do I get a simple selection to change base in if a number is less than X?

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
1011 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdAirtable
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey! Thanks in advance for the help

This is my problem, and I know how basic it sounds but I haven't been able to get this done! 

I'm creating an automation and Im setting it up so when a record matches a condition (WPM (numbers column) is not empty AND is less (<) than 35) updates a record (Candidate stage (simple selection) to --> Rejected)

But what it does is its sending all numbers (less, equal, higher) to Rejected except when WPM is empty (at least that worked) I've troubleshoot as a maniac and nothing seems to work out - Any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @EdAirtable ! Don't worry it's not just you, happened to me too when I tried to replicated your situation. Luckily I've got a couple solutions for you that I lay out step by step in this Loom Video

In essence Airtable is 'too fast' and when you type '50' it registers the 5 first which is less than 35 and triggers the automation (crazy right?)

Essentially you've got 2 choices. 

If the data is copy/pasted into the cell from a form or an automation, you're fine, the automation will work as expected (try it). 

However if the data is entered manually I recommend you add a new check box field called something like 'Ready To Run?', and add as another condition to your automation that the check box needs to be checked to trigger. 

Let me know if that all makes sense ! 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @EdAirtable ! Don't worry it's not just you, happened to me too when I tried to replicated your situation. Luckily I've got a couple solutions for you that I lay out step by step in this Loom Video

In essence Airtable is 'too fast' and when you type '50' it registers the 5 first which is less than 35 and triggers the automation (crazy right?)

Essentially you've got 2 choices. 

If the data is copy/pasted into the cell from a form or an automation, you're fine, the automation will work as expected (try it). 

However if the data is entered manually I recommend you add a new check box field called something like 'Ready To Run?', and add as another condition to your automation that the check box needs to be checked to trigger. 

Let me know if that all makes sense ! 

Yes, it's a well-known issue. Also, if WPM expected to be at least 2-digit, you can add WPM>9 to conditions. But if it can be 100, 110 ... , it won't solve the problem, as it will run with 10 , 11 input data values

Thanks Arthur!!! 

The input is from a form, so I'm all clear! Highly appreciate the time you to took help 😉

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Love it! Happy to help @EdAirtable . If you found it helpful, can you do me a quick favor and mark my post as the solution? Helps to build my credibility in the community 🙂