Help

Including specific updated records in an automated email?

Topic Labels: Automations
366 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acoron2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm working on an automation that should send an email to an assigned staff member when any of several specific fields are updated. I have a "when the record is updated" as a trigger with all the specific fields that should fire the trigger. To avoid confusion and be efficient, I want the email to then list which specific field was edited and by who. Is there anyway to do this via Airtable?

2 Replies 2
ksaycdc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Under Send an email in the automation, in the "Message" box, there is an option to add "User who took action".
Also, in the table there is a field option for "last modified by".
I'm not sure about what changed being included unless it's the fields that have the trigger.

Hope this helps!

Derouenkamryn23
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  • Data Extraction: Implement a data extraction mechanism to retrieve the specific records that need to be included in the automated email. This could involve querying a database, accessing an API, or using other relevant data sources.

• Conditional Logic: Develop conditional logic to filter the extracted data based on specific criteria or updated timestamps. This ensures that only the relevant and recently updated records are included in the email.

• Email Automation Tool: Utilize an email automation tool or script to automate the email generation process. Integrate the tool with your data extraction and filtering logic to dynamically populate the email content with the selected records.

• Personalization: Customize the email content for apk to include details specific to each record, providing a personalized touch. This enhances the relevance and clarity of the information being communicated.

• Testing and Validation: Thoroughly test the automated email process to verify that it accurately includes the updated records based on the defined criteria. This ensures the reliability and effectiveness of the automated system.

• APK Integration: If your system involves mobile applications, consider incorporating the term "APK" in your automated email as a reference to application-related updates or information. For example, you could include links to relevant APK files or provide instructions for users to download the latest version.