cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eduriv
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I have a table called "applications" containing all the information of students who have applied for a grant. As part of the grant requirements, I'm requesting students to submit a final report. To facilitate this process, I'm using Fillout to populate a new table called "reports." One of the advantages of Fillout is its ability to edit form submissions, among other features not available in Airtable.

Now, my question is regarding the setup of the "reports" table. I plan to use the students' emails as the primary field in the "reports" table. Since the same emails will already exist in the "applications" table, I want to link these primary fields to the corresponding emails in the "applications" table. This way, I can easily access and view all the information related to each student in one place.

Is it possible to achieve this using an automation? Any suggestions or guidance on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap, you can do this by creating an automation that'll trigger when a new record gets created in "Reports", and its actions would be:
1. Find a record in "Applications" that has the same email
2. Update the triggering record's linked field to "Applications" with the record ID of the found records from step 1, and it'd look like this:
Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 3.24.47 PM.png

Link to base