883 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bradley_Jones
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Based on the size of my data, our team is going to have to separate it into multiple bases even on the Enterprise plan and we are considering doing that by state. For context, my team is brand new to Airtable and is still learning how to utilize it in our workflow.

Part of our data is collecting registration responses and I’m curious as to if there’s a way for the records from a form response to automatically populate a field in the appropriate state base depending on the state that they submit in their form?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Bradley_Jones!

You could write your own custom JavaScript scripts to collect the responses from a single form and then send each response into the appropriate base. (And then, you would need to delete the original record from the source base afterwards.)

If you don’t know JavaScript, there are several JavaScript experts in this forum whom you could hire for help with that.

An easier, low-code way of doing this would be to use an automation platform like Integromat to do the same exact thing, which would require very minimal knowledge of code:

Even better than that would be to start with an external form tool like JotForm (which is the best form tool on the market), because it wouldn’t require you to delete any records from the source and it gives you the ability to download all of your records at any point in the future for future usage in any app that you want. You would just accumulate all of your responses permanently in JotForm. You would still need to use an automation platform like Integromat to help you distribute the responses into the appropriate bases.

I would HIGHLY recommend going down the JotForm path, because they are a professional form platform that has none of the limitations of Airtable’s forms. With the amount of form submissions that you are expecting to be receiving, it sounds like it would be very important for you to be using a professional platform that isn’t going to cause you headaches later, and gives you the flexibility to grow & adapt in the future.

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Expert+ Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website ScottWorld.com: