Help

Page Designer to email or text within the document (or table)

Solved
Jump to Solution
945 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brent_Cook
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have been trying to help my son (13) start up his lawn care business.  I'm familiar with, and use airtable regularly for some small tracking.  I love its accessibility, range, and adaptability.  Thought it would be a good fit.  Created an easy to use base with services available (with fees) table, service provided and dates table, and client table.  Then created an invoice table that he can simply add the services provided to certain customers from the "services provided" table.  Works flawlessly.  He has grown the business and uses written invoicing.  Tried to help him save a step by automating the invoice so he could send it as a text to the clients each month.  Page designer creates the invoice.  Is there a way to send the invoice created as a text or email to an email in the invoice?

To sum it up, use page designer to create a document.  Send the document via text or email.  Solution needs to be simple, and low cost/free.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey @Brent_Cook ,

How cool for your son! Love that you're able to use Airtable to organize everything for him. I know that probably helps so much in staying on top of everything.

Unfortunately, there's no way to export Page Designer as a PDF right now. You'll need to use a third-party app.

For a free/low cost way to generate documents/PDFs, you can try Make. Or Documint has a free version for 10 documents.

The most common paid options are On2Air Docs or Documint.

Once you've set up the document portion and have it exported as a PDF to an Attachment field in your base, you can automate the Email process inside of Airtable.

Here's how to do that:

How to Send an Email Automatically from Your Base Using Airtable Automations

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey @Brent_Cook ,

How cool for your son! Love that you're able to use Airtable to organize everything for him. I know that probably helps so much in staying on top of everything.

Unfortunately, there's no way to export Page Designer as a PDF right now. You'll need to use a third-party app.

For a free/low cost way to generate documents/PDFs, you can try Make. Or Documint has a free version for 10 documents.

The most common paid options are On2Air Docs or Documint.

Once you've set up the document portion and have it exported as a PDF to an Attachment field in your base, you can automate the Email process inside of Airtable.

Here's how to do that:

How to Send an Email Automatically from Your Base Using Airtable Automations