489 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahyslop
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We have 2 tables Students + Tutors, within the Students table each student has a status set to 'Active' or 'Withdrawn' and also the tutor that Student has been assigned.

Within the Tutor table, we currently just have 1 field displaying all of the Students for that Tutor, but we would like to automatically filter these with Automations when the student status is changed to show in separate columns if they are active or withdrawn (in the student table) Please see the below screenshot of the current setup

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 10.57.06.png

 I have setup an automation to do the above by running it if the student record is changed, we add that student to the correct column in the above screenshot. 

This works, but it currently overrides any data which is currently in the field, so I created an additional step in the automation 'Find records' to add before the new entry.

However, I cannot seem to get this to work, I keep getting a permission error - please see attached screenshot

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Marielle_Gueis1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @ahyslop ,

Have you checked the field's permissions? It might also be that the field is only allowed to get 1 linked record, and you're trying to link multiple records?

Also, do you need to have the active and withdrawn students as separate linked records? You could also have them all linked in the field Students (like you currently have) and you change the field types for Active Students and Withdrawn Students to a lookup field, with the condition that the status is equal to one or the other...