cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdjohnsoneurie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! 

My team and I are currently trying to find a way to when a faculty member already planned a trip with us before the fields that they had filled out last year, that all of that information gets repopulated in a form and if there are any changes, that they can look through the form and fix anything that is needed. We currently have a form where it asks whether or not it is a repeated program. We want to have an automation that triggers when that form is submitted if "Repeated Program" is Yes, that whatever program they choose, that old record repopulates some of the fields into a different form and sends the link to that same leader for final submission. 

jdjohnsoneurie_0-1710879053434.png 

You can ask any questions if you need some additional clarification!

2 Replies 2

Try:
1. In the table that contains your data, create a formula field that will output a prefilled form link, i.e. clicking on that link opens the form you want, with all of that record's data prefilled
2. In the form table (the table your screenshot is from), add a lookup field that will display the prefilled link from step 1
3. Create an automation that will trigger when the form in your screenshot is submitted that will email the leader the lookup field value from step 2

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@jdjohnsoneurie 

In my personal opinion as an expert Airtable consultant, your quickest & easiest & best option for this would be to use Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which is 100% free and allows your users to update their own Airtable record from a form.

Fillout also offers more than 100 advanced Airtable features that aren’t natively available in Airtable’s forms, such as displaying formulas and lookup fields and rollup fields on forms, multi page conditional forms, adding new linked records, and much more.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld