cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petehunts
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey Everyone, 

Quick explanation of what I'm trying to do is: I created a couple fields to look at the number of items in a particular category, count those items, add 1 to the count, merge a few string fields together to create a unique identifier "YP Internal Code" (see 'write to cell' image) when a record is created via form.

I'm passing an input variable to the script shown (see 'push to table' image), but can't figure out what the next step is to push the changes in the script to the table itself after the assignment of the new internal code to the old one. 

Thanks for the help, 

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I recommend you check out the documentation for this found here

You'll need to add a reference to the record ID you want to update as well

---
From your screenshots it seems you could solve this without scripting as well

You could create an automation that triggers when 'Collection Code Counter' is not empty and 'YP Internal Code' is empty, and its action would be to update the triggering record's 'YP Internal Code' field with the value in 'Collection Code Counter'

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I recommend you check out the documentation for this found here

You'll need to add a reference to the record ID you want to update as well

---
From your screenshots it seems you could solve this without scripting as well

You could create an automation that triggers when 'Collection Code Counter' is not empty and 'YP Internal Code' is empty, and its action would be to update the triggering record's 'YP Internal Code' field with the value in 'Collection Code Counter'

petehunts

Thanks @TheTimeSavingCo - took the more simple route and just used an automation, but I'll still check out the documentation for updateRecordAsync. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Peter