309 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninakis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For some unknown reason (i.e. I didn't make any adjustments to the recipients) my weekly emails generated from an automation that has been running smoothly for months now, went out in these configurations 1) to me only in the To and CC lines 2) to me with the typical recipients now appearing in the cc line in addition to me. Has anyone else had an issue with this today (late March 7, 2024)?

6 Replies 6
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, there is a brand new bug with Airtable's "Send Email" automation actions.

Be sure to report this major bug by sending an email to support@airtable.com.

In the meantime, until Airtable fixes these bugs, you have some options to workaround this:

1. Use Airtable’s Send Gmail action.
2. Use Airtable’s Send Outlook Email action.
3. Use any of Make’s email automations for Airtable, which includes Gmail, Microsoft 365 email (Outlook), the generic email (IMAP) option, and many more.

Check out this thread on how to trigger a Make automation instantly from Airtable.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Thanks! I couldn't find any record of others experiencing this so I wasn't sure if it was just an issue on my end. I've sent a message to the Help account and reported it to the Support team.

John_McGarvey
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Glad I found this post. I came here searching if anyone else was having the same issue.

The To: fileld and CC: field are reversed in the outbound emails.

Luke_Bajda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is this bug still not resolved? 

Unfortunately, Airtable has said that they will be keeping it like this from now on.

So, unfortunately, your only options will be the options that I outlined above.

Using Make’s automations and integrations to send your emails will be the most robust, most reliable, most customizable, and overall best solution here.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

John_McGarvey

Simple solution (for me anyway) - just reverse the configuration, then they will appear correctly on the outbound email.