774 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casey_Reid
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm trying to setup an automation that sends out reminder emails to a bunch of people. I'm wanting to customize the email to pull information, such as their name and email address, into the automation. However, when I try to input the dynamic data into the email that will be sent out, the only option I have showing up in my "insert values from field" are ID and the primary field in the table. Whereas with most dynamic setups, I'm able to pull data from any field in the table. Why are the other fields not available? Is there a workaround for this? Please see attached screen shots for reference.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You can use field values from the trigger record source "when a record matches conditions" anywhere in your automation. It looks like you're repeating on field values so the name and ID of the field value is the only thing returned as the source for this step.

You might need a Find Records step before the repeating group if you need to find a list of email recipients linked to the trigger record based on some condition. Then you can use a repeating group to iterate through the list of found records and do an action for each (such as send a personalized email). 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You can use field values from the trigger record source "when a record matches conditions" anywhere in your automation. It looks like you're repeating on field values so the name and ID of the field value is the only thing returned as the source for this step.

You might need a Find Records step before the repeating group if you need to find a list of email recipients linked to the trigger record based on some condition. Then you can use a repeating group to iterate through the list of found records and do an action for each (such as send a personalized email). 

Ah thank you! Find Records was the solution to locate info for linked records.