cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vadim_Ciobanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there!

I'm trying to set up repeating group automation, their list is a JSON array from Webhook. 

I receive data about a new order on a website, JSON also contains an array of items in this order. I want to create a new record in the table "Заказы" (that means Orders) and for each item in the array a record in the table "Покупки" (that means Line Items). Automation runs only once and creates just one record for the line item, but there were two items 😫

Here you can see the webhook configuration and input from it. 

Webhook configurationWebhook configurationInput from webhookInput from webhook

Here I configured the creation of a record in the table with orders (that works fine):

New order creationNew order creationHere I selected the list to iterate through it. As you can see there are two items on the list:

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 18.02.49.png

Here you can see the configuration of the last step, the creation of a record for each item in the list of "products":

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 18.04.18.png

Who can tell me if there is a problem, and why do I get only one cycle instead of two of automation? 

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Vadim_Ciobanu 

The reason that this isn't working for you is because Airtable doesn't support arrays from webhooks as inputs in repeating groups. Airtable repeating groups only support 4 things:

• Find records action
  • User fields that contain multiple users
  • Linked record fields that contain multiple linked records
  • Script outputs that are in an array format

Your #1 best option is to simply use the powerful webhook feature of Make. Send your data to your Make webhook, and then use Make's Iterator Tool to loop through your array. Then send each loop to Airtable as a new record using Make's Airtable modules.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make's free training course. There are also many Make experts hanging out here who can answer other Make questions.

Chris_Guthrie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I'm running into a similar situation, I think. When trying to link multiple records from a repeating step, I can see the linked record from the previous cycle get over written.