1982 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drosinator
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to run a script through a button triggered automation, but I am running into an error for exceeding the time limit of 30 seconds for execution. Is there a way that I can get around this so I can run the script?

I have heard that people have been running the scripts in batches, however, I am not too sure how people are doing this as I cannot find an tutorials on how to work it into the automation. 

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

I don’t know how to split your script into multiple scripts, but do you actually need to run a script?

If you use Make to run your automations, the time limit is 40 minutes per automation.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

You cannot get around the limit of 30 seconds for scripting automations.

What does the script do, and what is causing it to take so long? 
If you are updating multiple records one-at-a-time, this example script by Airtable shows one method of updating records in batches of 50.

The script goes through each row to calculate a running total of what the consultant is to be paid out on each invoice, so the amount in the payout column is the threshold (as a negative) + all their splits. Acts as a running total for each invoice.