2215 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara_M_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I’m not sure if this is possible and if so, how. But is it possible on Airtable to use a script so that when a record status changes, to get a popup to appear that contains information relative to that record and a confirmation button that will allow the base user to launch an action through that button (via webhook for instance) ? Thanks

6 Replies 6

Scripts cannot generate pop-ups. Automation script cannot make changes in the user interface. They can change record data which can affect what views a record appears in, but no pop-ups. 

Sara_M_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks a lot for your reply ! Do you know if it would be possible by creating an Airtable extension ?

An Extension can display a dialog window, but it can only display simple messages.
When using rich dialogs with UI components, they can only be displayed within the extension's box.
Dialog - Airtable Blocks SDK

An extension also only runs when its dashboard is open. It is not a reliable way for generating notifications or initiating interactions.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I only tried the Chime extension for monitoring records, so I didn't know how it actually works.
I see it doesn't work unless Dashboard is open.

@Sara_M_ 

For a full-featured database system that lets you create popups that contain information relative to the record and a confirmation button that will launch actions through that button, you may want to look at FileMaker Pro.

I used to do FileMaker development for 30 years, but now I’m an Airtable consultant. If you’d like a referral to top-notch FileMaker developers, feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable Consulting — ScottWorld