cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewlyAutomated
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

I am hoping someone might be able to help. I have a PROJECTS table and a STAFF table, and a link between them to see all the projects that are assigned to each staff member. Once a week, projects that are completed are archived and removed from our list. However, the archived records in my linked record field on my STAFF table are still showing up. I tried to fix this by adding a Conditional Rollup Field to remove archived projects, and then linking back those Projects in a separate linked record field, but two things are happening.

1. The automation linking the Rollup Field to the Linked Project Field is giving me an "insufficient permissions" error message. Trigger is when the Rollup Field is updated. I have full permissions as the creator, both tables are in the same base, and both fields are "editors and up". Also, i am able to manually copy/paste. So it should work, no?

2. When I get this automation linking correctly, will it even successfully UN-link the archived projects? Or just add on anything that might be newly assigned? 

Please share all the knowledge!!

3 Replies 3

Could you provide a read only link to an example base with the automation set up for troubleshooting purposes?

re: 2. When I get this automation linking correctly, will it even successfully UN-link the archived projects? Or just add on anything that might be newly assigned?

Yeap, assuming your rollup is just displaying the primary field value of the linked table and the automation just pastes that rollup value into the linked field, it should work as you expect

I can't share my base for confidentiality purposes 😕

But I can share these screenshots with you!

For reference, here is my Staff Directory Table. The "All Assigned Projects" Linked Record field will have every single project that has ever been assigned to a person. The Rollup has a condition set to only list the Active or Unarchived Projects. I am then trying to auto link back those Active Projects to the "Assigned Active Projects" field.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.48.23 PM.png

So my trigger is when the the Rollup Field: "All Assigned Projects (Conditional)" is updated.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.46.30 PM.png

Then my Action is to update the record like so.

The Assigned Active Projects is a linked record field to my PROJECT table.The Assigned Active Projects is a linked record field to my PROJECT table.

But I am receiving this error message:

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.52.41 PM.png

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!

Thanks for the details and screenshots!  Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions based on what you can share.  If you could share an example base that would be great, it doesn't have to contain any records at all as long as the problem can be recreated!