cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katy_Richards
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello.

Is it possible to create an automation that, when triggered, will update all records linked to a common record?

Example:

3 tables- Customers, Entries, Payments

In Entries there will be several records linked to a customer. When a customer makes a payment for those entries a record, linked to the customer, is created in Payments. I’d like to set up an automation that updates all the records that are linked to that customer as ‘paid’.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katy

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the Airtable community.

It is possible to have an automation script that updates the linked records.

However, another option is to use calculated fields to pass the information from table to table. The customer would have a status formula field that is “paid” when there is a payment record. Then pass the status down to the entries table with a lookup or rollup field.

Katy_Richards

Hi @kuovonne Thank you for your response. The formula field would be great but it may be that they add further entries and would need to pay again. I’ve not used the scripting block yet so I’ll have a look into that. Thank you.

NHAD_Team

Hi @kuovonne Me again! I’ve tried looking at the example scripts but I’m not finding anything like what I’m trying to do. Any chance you could point me in the right direction of a script that updates all linked records? Thank you in advance.