Help

Use data (email) from table 2 for automations when a new record is entered in table 1.

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
260 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyprus_Karma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, this is an airtable newbie question:
I have searched here, watched videos, and am completely failing with the following problem:

I want to create an automation that sends a mail to ALL mail addresses contained in table 2 when a data record is added to table 1.
I have the trigger, it works, it's simple.
In the actions, I only have access to the data of table 1 in the To: field (where the mail addresses should go), not table 2.
How can I access the data of table 2 at this point?

Does anyone have a comprehensible tip for me?
Many thanks in advance for your time
Boris

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Assuming you want to send one email per email address in Table 2, try setting up your automation like this:

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 5.56.35 PM.png

It has a "Find Record" action that'll look for all the records from "Table 2", and you can then use a "Repeating Group" on the results of that "Find Record" action to send one email per found record

See Solution in Thread

Hmm, feels like you may have selected the wrong data to put into the "To".  Assuming you've set up your data like this:

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 11.15.25 PM.png

Try setting up your automation like this:
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 11.14.14 PM.png

Link to base

If this doesn't help, if you could you provide a read only invite link to a duplicated copy of your base with no data in it I could set it up for you real quick

See Solution in Thread

YES YES YES
1001 thanks for the example, that was enlightening. 1 field was wrong
Best regards
Boris

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Assuming you want to send one email per email address in Table 2, try setting up your automation like this:

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 5.56.35 PM.png

It has a "Find Record" action that'll look for all the records from "Table 2", and you can then use a "Repeating Group" on the results of that "Find Record" action to send one email per found record

Hello Adam,
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I managed to find the email addresses, but there is something wrong with the formatting?
The test action/preview contains a lot of formatting elements. Is there any way to remove them?
Boris

Hmm, feels like you may have selected the wrong data to put into the "To".  Assuming you've set up your data like this:

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 11.15.25 PM.png

Try setting up your automation like this:
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 11.14.14 PM.png

Link to base

If this doesn't help, if you could you provide a read only invite link to a duplicated copy of your base with no data in it I could set it up for you real quick

YES YES YES
1001 thanks for the example, that was enlightening. 1 field was wrong
Best regards
Boris