Help

Why can't non airtable users respond to actionable messages in a Slack channel?

363 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I set up an actionable message so that when copy needs to be reviewed my client can either approve or reject the design. But when they go to submit their answer, Airtable requires them to log in to AT to answer. My client has no use for AT it is purely my workflow system.

Id there a way to get around this issue or does AT need to make an update?

Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 5.26.05 PM.png

1 Reply 1

I haven't tested this new feature myself yet, but it looks like Airtable designed this feature to only work within a single team that is using Airtable and is logging into Airtable with their own Airtable accounts.

I would recommend accomplishing this in a completely different way by embedding webhook links in your Slack messages using Make's Slack integrations and Make's webhooks.

I describe how to do this with email messages in this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast, but my instructions can be easily modified to do it with Slack instead of email.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

https://youtu.be/58urboTLZck?si=hdnYGhpAIhzRilh6

airtable #on2air #builtonair 8/22/2023 - BuiltOnAir Live Podcast Full Show - S15-E07 ___________________________ The BuiltOnAir podcast is a live weekly show highlighting everything happening in the Airtable universe. Check us out at BuiltOnAir.com/join. Join our community, join our Slack channel