cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yongjoon_Kim
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I have 3 Airtable bases, which are synced with each other. (Table A ---> Table B ---> Table C) I was looking for a way to activate the 2-way sync between the Table B and C, but it seems like Airtable currently doesn't support the 2-way sync if the source table is already a synced table from another source.

I think this is a quite crucial functionality for users like me to expand the sync capability across multiple bases. Does anyone know about Airtable's roadmap for this feature? I can guess why Airtable made the decision to disallow it at this moment, but I'm curious if there is anything I can look forward to.

1 Reply 1
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Yongjoon_Kim 

Great question! "Side-chaining" two-way syncs is not possible. For security reasons, tables in target bases with two-way sync enabled will not be able to be “side-chained” with other bases. For example, let’s say base A is the source of the sync. Three target tables (inside bases B, C, and D) are connected to the source with two-way sync turned on. If you then wanted to set up any of these target tables to have two-way sync enabled in another base (base E), you’d be unable to do so. More on this can be found in the FAQ section of the Two-way syncing article