959 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer_Servi1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need help with the 500 column limit. We use our base for estimating but with multi options and pricing we are reaching our max limit.

Example:

We have a window estimate - which consist of 16 windows (and every window is different and needs different information:

16 - Window Styles
16 - vlookup for window style pricing
16 - Length Measurements
16 - Width Measurements
1 - Formula for measurement pricing
16 - Zippers Sizes
16- vlookup for zipper pricing ect…

This is only part of the estimate. Currently we are right around 430. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to help.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Customer_Service, and welcome to the community!

This suggests that you need a different data model architecture. You need to virtualize the intersection of styles, pricing, length, width, zipper sizes, etc. Have you thought about collapsing 16 window styles into a single select field?

As @Bill.French said, it doesn’t sound like you’ve optimized the setup of your system properly.

Instead of using fields to manage all of those items, you will probably want to use multiple different tables & records instead.

If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Thanks you! I did, I have pricing in a separate pricing tab, question is linked to the windows selection. I will not let me pick the same style twice.

Example: On one side of the boat there is 4 (B1, B2, B3, B4) windows - so I linked to window style selection (thinking we could train to enter windows in order) but if B1 and B3 are the same style it will not let me pick the same style twice.