cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_Leskar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi community!

I’m hoping to use AirTable to help plan and organize a trip to Italy, visiting a few cities. As I currently have it set up, I have tables for “Logistics” (flights, car rental, hotels…etc.), “Activities” (sights, tours…etc.), and “Food/Beverage.” I also have one “Master Itinerary” tab where I’m trying to link records from each of those tables.

In an ideal world, I’d like to create some views on the “Master Itinerary” tab, where I can view items by, for example, “Cities” (where it would show me my flight, my accommodation, and restaurants I’d like to go to), and a “To-Do” list for things that I need to book, regardless of City,

However, each of these tables has a column called “City” with a single select, and when I bring it into the Master Itinerary, I can’t group by a SINGLE city column, because I see “City from Logistics” or “City from Activities.”

Does anyone have experience with creating something similar, or have ideas for how I can make this more cohesive? I feel like I’m missing a step here about how to connect these tables in the right way.

Thanks in advance for your help - Airtable newb here!

Edit: Since we don’t have any hard-and-fast “dates” where we’ll be doing things, and just want to see what’s available every day, I didn’t think a “date” field would work (hence the "non-daily-specific itinerary in the title), but I’m open to it!

3 Replies 3

Hey Josh, what if we made a Cities table and linked your records to that? i.e. convert all your City single select columns in each table to a linked field?

I feel like I would also end up with separate tables for Accommodation, Flights, Restaurants, etc actually since it seems like there are going to be a fair number of each of those things

PaulinoPo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I remember when I also decided to try to go on a trip and ended up in Singapore. The places there are beautiful, but the most interesting thing is the people, they told me a lot about their city and also about the advantages. I was very interested because I am a programmer and wanted to open my own company, but in my country, it is difficult to do so. So after reading this company registration Singapore guide (read this company registration Singapore guide), packed my bags, and moved there and I do not regret it.

TitanVortex
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Impressive AirTable setup for your Italy trip! To streamline your Master Itinerary, try creating a "Unified City" column on each table, consolidating city information. This allows easy grouping on the Master Itinerary tab. Considering your non-daily-specific itinerary, adding a "date" field might enhance flexibility. For more personalized guidance, explore Threshold Academy—we specialize in smart travel planning. Visit us for tips tailored to optimize your itinerary.