Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gordon_Renouf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi
Thanks for taking a look at this.

This seems a simple question but I can’t work out the best approach.
I want to be able to choose the country where a company is located. More specifically I want a user to be able to choose from a list of companies in a TypeForm and then connect the form to an AT table.

Adding 200 countries to a single select field in AT seems not the right way to do it but putting them in a separate table means Typeform will not be able to send the data to AT. [Why do I say this: (1) because I can find no way to copy and paste a list of options into a AT Single Select field (2) the AT-Typeform integration is very pernickety in relation to exact match of options]

Thanks

3 Replies 3

The easiest way to do this would be to create a single-select field called “country”.

Then, you can paste a return-delimited list of your 200 country names into this field, and Airtable will automatically add all of those values into your single-select options.

Note that Airtable will increase the number of records in your table to accommodate all 200 country names, but you can delete the extraneous records afterwards.

Other ways of doing this:

• A text field can be converted to a single-select field, and the text values will be added into your single-select options.

• Create a single-select field, and import 200 country records into that field. (Each record would represent one country name.)

Sam_Cholera
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Any chance of a loom video to show us how to do this?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

One of the best ways to do this would be to use JotForm, which has the native built-in ability to display all countries, states, and cities in the entire world.

After you choose a country, it will dynamically filter the state field for you automatically. After you choose a state, it will dynamically filter the city field automatically.

JotForm doesn’t currently have native integration with Airtable, so you will want to turn to Make’s JotForm integrations to get your form data from JotForm into Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.