Help

Re: Airtable as organizational CRM connected to Wordpress modules?

1862 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pam_Siebert
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are a nonprofit and have been using Airtable for a few months now to manage 60 grantee teams and all of their data and requirements, and are loving it.

We are dumping our organizational database (which is an Association Management System that also powers the website) and getting a WordPress Site with various modules (Event Management, etc.) But it doesn't have a built-in CRM. The CEO came to me and asked if Airtable would work as our organizational CRM on the back-end, and I immediately said yes. But now I'm thinking of all the reasons it may not be a good idea. I have only tried the CRM Lite template so I don't have a full picture.

How do any of the Airtable CRM templates handle people with multiple email addresses? (I've seen a log of matching via email)

Identification of duplicates? 

Can the user have a login to update their own info?

How could it integrate with a bulk email tool like Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.?

ETA: We currently have 20,000 records in our database. 

Thanks for any advice on where to look to do this research!

Pam

p.s. If you can't tell, I know virtually nothing about WordPress except generally how it's structured, with add-ons for various features.

3 Replies 3
Engjell_Sela
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Pam,

The last guy I spoke to who was using Wordpress with Airtable had an issue with Wordpress CMS, for every updated record in Airtable he had to update the whole Wordpress CMS, which was painful. Other than that for connecting and filtering data, it can be done with plugins.

The Wordpress Airtable updating sync was a strong point for me to build nocodebase.xyz a no-code API for Airtable. It treats Airtable as a complete database and turns it into backend, all users are stored and managed from Airtable. It is not released yet, but it's going to be released within 3 weeks max.

We've also got a integration with Versoly ( web builder ), where it completely skips CMS and reads data from our API. I'm happy to chat and let you know more 🙂

Stephane-DK
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, you can use Air WP Sync to connect and sync WordPress to Airtable easily. 

jenicacaudill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

this is a long shot, given how old this post is, but we're a nonprofit with a similarly sized database and considering switching to AirTable for our CRM but don't know of others who have done the same. If you're still active on here and willing to share how it's worked for you, it would be incredibly helpful!