cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I'm reaching out for ideas for doing an Accounting Forms (like a Check Request form) through Airtable. I love using forms to reduce data entry, however, I haven't been able to find a form that I can use to complete something as "complex" 😂 as a check request, specifically with multiple itemized lines presented in a Grid Format

Among other things, this Check Request Form would need Account Code, Description, and Dollar Amount *for multiple lines*. For example:

Check #234 paying a contractor for services, expense reimbursement, and materials.

• Line 1: Fee for Services: Account: 100 - Description: Services - Amount: $1,000
  • Line 2: Expense Reimbursement: Account: 200 - Description: Lodging - Amount: $350
  • Line 3: Materials: Account: 300 - Description: Widgets - Amount: $500

I could do 1 form per line, and compile the invoice from multiple forms, but that is not very helpful.

I know exactly what is needed in a sense, but I don't know how to build it so that I can eliminate the double-data entry of both the Requestor and the Accounting Assistant manually entering this information. 

Any ideas, input, feedback?

TIA,

M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would need to use external form tools for that. JotForm and Cognito Forms definitely offer this feature, and maybe Fillout does too. For JotForm and Cognito Forms, you would use Make to bring the data into Airtable.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would need to use external form tools for that. JotForm and Cognito Forms definitely offer this feature, and maybe Fillout does too. For JotForm and Cognito Forms, you would use Make to bring the data into Airtable.

Beautiful - I've never seen a form app do this, thanks so much for the inisght @ScottWorld!

-ML