cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_B
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Pls take a look at this form:

This field “Are you insured” is supposed to pop up UNLESS someone is both NOT Faculty/Staff AND is not “Not Vaccinated”.

Field set up here.

Instead, if either of those conditions are met, Faculty/Staff OR “Not vaccinated” the field disappears. Would love some ideas for what seems like an easy fix.

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Pearl

If you set your classification to “Faculty/Staff”, then the conditions are:
Faculty/Staff is not Faculty/Staff => false
[empty] is not Not Vaccinated => true

false and true => false, so field is not shown.

To fix, add these two additional conditions:
AND classification is not empty
AND vaccination status is not empty

David_B

Ryan, thanks for answering. I added your suggestions, but it still doesn’t work the way I want it to. For example If I select Classifiation = Student (True) and Vaccination status is Not Vaccinated, I still want theoption to show but it does not.

I guess put another way, the only time I want that field NOT to appear is if Classification = Faculty/Staff, Vaccination status = “Not Vaccinated”.

Ideas?

Oh, gotcha. In that case, you’d want something like:
classification is not Faculty/Staff
OR vaccine status is not vaccinated

This does seem a little confusing to start with, but it’s right. Walking through it…
classification=Student or relative => will always show field no matter what vaccine status is because the first condition is true; the second condition doesn’t matter.

classification=Faculty/Staff, vaccine status Fully (or partially or ineligible):
Then we have first condition = false, second = true => show field.

classification=Faculty/Staff, vaccine status empty:
false, true => show field

classification = Faculty/Staff, vaccine status = Not => false/false => don’t show field.

The way I got there was like this:
Step 1: Suppose we wanted the inverse, then that’d be: show field ONLY when faculty/staff AND not vax.
Step 2: So we want NOT(classification IS faculty/staff AND status IS not vax)
Then we can apply De Morgan’s laws and get:
classification IS NOT faculty/staff OR status IS NOT not vax.