1967 13
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Nash1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have created a custom URL for a survey using the prefilled forms extention but when the results come back they are anonymus. The URL has the name missing and am at a loss at to why this is or what to do to try and fix it…

18 Replies 18

Hi Jason, could you share screenshots of the table and an example of one of the pre-filled links perhaps?

It looks like this… and the survay was this URL Sign in - Airtable

Hi Jason, looks like the link you provided was a link to your base and wasn’t a form link

May I also get a screenshot with the field header of the field you’re prefilling with some example data?

Once I know what type of field you’re trying to prefill, its name, and have an example of a prefilled form URL that isn’t working for you I can try to troubleshoot it for you

The formula is
CONCATENATE(
IF(
“Prefilling [Weekly Session feedback] view in [Attendance] table in base with id ‘appFGTBJBmAy8igkh’”,
Weekly Session feedback
),
CONCATENATE(
“?prefill_” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT(“Cohort Week”),
“=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Cohort Week} & “”)
),
CONCATENATE(
“&prefill_” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT(“Atteneed”),
“=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Person Name Extracted} & “”)
)
)

@Adam_TheTimeSavingCo is that information helpful?

It looks like you are prefilling two fields

• a linked record field for the week
  • a single line text field for the attendee email address

Are you expecting different fields to be prefilled?
Are these fields empty when the record is created?

Hmm, in the link you provided the fields are prefilled correctly in the form, which indicates your formula is working

Any chance you could provide a link that doesn’t work, i.e. it doesn’t prefill the fields when you open it?

b20652e2a8564987c8444d4857d3c15ce237a131.pnghttps://global.discourse-cdn.com/airtable/original/3X/b/2/b20652e2a8564987c8444d4857d3c15ce237a131.png Thats the crazy thing it populated correctly but not linking when it filled in

Ah, then I would echo kuovonne’s question about where those fields are empty after the record is created

If the sequence of events is:

1. You send out a working prefilled link where the fields are correctly prefilled
  2. When you submit it, you know that the input fields contain the values you want
  3. After submission, the fields are empty when the record is created in the table

Then you might want to open a support ticket

The email is going into a single line text field. It is not a linked record field. You need some other mechanism to create the link, such as an automation that runs when the form is submitted.

but I don’t see why that is not linked because of that. i have raised a support ticket

Hmm, I think kuovonne’s point is that the field you’re prefilling in the form is a Single line text field type

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 4.03.41 PM

Whereas, in the screenshot you provided, it looks like the field you want filled (highlighted) is a Linked field type
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 4.04.20 PM

And so you would need to either manually, or using an automation, paste the value in the Single line text field that contains the email address into the linked field after the form submission

Korey_Ngo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Jason_Nash1 Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you Fk you

But how can I do that if the form does not incude the email on return?

When we click the link you provided, it looks like the email is being filled in on the form. Are you seeing something different?

Unless the user deletes his email address, the email is being saved to the new record. It just might be saved to a different field from what you expect. Try looking at the form configuration to see if you changes the display name of the field in the form. You can also try showing all fiends in the view and searching for the email address.

Hi, Looks like my anonymous survey question has been closed. So will try to reply this way.
Correct the form is being filled in with all of the details like this Weekly Session feedback
I used the prefilled form extension to create the code that part all seems to be working but when the form is returned the fields are not completed and the record is orphaned

Uploading: image.png…

You can see from this that the record is not the same… but I don’t understand how its possible to fix this because the calculated field cant be added to the form as a hidden record as it a formula and you cant add a formula to the forms.

Sanlly06
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sanlly06_0-1681518335774.png

Now u can do it