780 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sawa_Weldon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to make a database of art competition entries. What i have so far is in the first table, the names being the shows, then having a linked table to the paintings. Then a column for dates. The only thing is, I’m trying to add a field for if each painting was accepted to each show. Up to 5 paintings can be entered into 1 show, and they can be entered into multiple shows. Each painting can have a different response (being accepted or denied), and the response for each show for each painting can be different.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to set this up?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You will need three tables: [Shows], [Paintings], and a junction table [Entries].

The [Shows] table would have the names of the shows and other relevant information. There would be one row per show.

The [Paintings] table would have one row per painting. You can even include a picture of the painting as an attachment.

The [Entries] junction table will show the relationships between the Shows and Painting. Create a field that is a linked record to the [Shows] table and allow linking to only one record at a time. Create another field that is a linked record to the [Paintings] table and allow linking to only one record at a time. Each row will represent a unique combination of a painting entered in a show. This table will also hold the response for the painting (accepted or denied).

Is the base for your personal use or are you using it to track entries from multiple artists? If you want to track entries from multiple artists, then you will also want a table of [Artists]. How you setup that table will depend on whether each painting is by a single artists or if multiple artists can collaborate on a single painting.