Help

Re: Attachment field not loading google url to attachment preview?

Solved
Jump to Solution
316 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revolutions_AI
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello all,

So I have been uploading attachments to a field through a google share link and have made sure to make the file and folder public but for some reason when i click on the attachment it just comes up as a blank screen and says loading but never loads. The share link is fine as when I put it in the url bar it works perfectly. Im unsure what is causing this??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HI Revolutions_AI,

When you say that you are "uploading the file through a google share link" what is the process you are using? The attachment field type would expect the actual file to be uploaded, not simply a URL. Are you using the share link to download the file to your local device and then upload it to the Airtable attachment field?

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HI Revolutions_AI,

When you say that you are "uploading the file through a google share link" what is the process you are using? The attachment field type would expect the actual file to be uploaded, not simply a URL. Are you using the share link to download the file to your local device and then upload it to the Airtable attachment field?

Yes it seems I was using the wrong link after testing a number of different things. It was through a module on make.com & it turns out when I use the web content link it works perfectly which makes sense to me now, unsure how it took me so long to work this out. Thanks for the response but it was just me letting frustration get me a little to early, suppose it is Sunday haha!

Ok, yes, that makes sense. Glad you worked it out.

Just in case this is of any help, the HTTP "Get File" file module in Make.com is useful if you need to download a file from a URL prior to adding it to an Airtable attachment field using an Airtable "Update a File" module. 

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 09.41.01.png