476 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Fish
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a base to coordinate internally the progress of construction projects within our company,

Here is how i have it set up

My base consists of multiple tables, here’s a few of them

Table 1 is a list of projects
Table 2 is part 1 of the construction process which has multiple phases
Table 3 is part 2 of the process
Table 4 Track the bidding process
Table 5 Tracks the billing progress

in Table 2,3,4,5 the main column is a formula which copies the date from column 2 which is a linked column to the projects table

Every time a new project gets added to the Project list, i need to create a new record in the other tables so our team can start adding data and track the project, so far i’m doing this manually and i’m looking for a way to automate the process.

2 Replies 2

The creation of new linked records can be done in a variety of ways:

• Third party integration with Zapier, Integromat, On2Air actions, or similar.

• Airtable’s native automation actions.

• A scripting block script, possibly in conjunction with a button field.

Which method you choose depends on

• your interest in writing code vs. building an integration
  • your interest in setting it up yourself versus hiring someone to setup the system for you
  • how you feel about using and paying for 3rd party integrations
  • whether or not you have a Pro subscription (required for native Airtable methods)

Thanks for responding to my question

i do have the pro version of Airtable, i created an automation, but i think i did it wrong. Airtable is creating just a blank record in the second table instead of creating a Linked record.

i prefer doing it myself via Zapier or Airtable cuz i want to improve my Automation skills