Help

Re: Automatically link records in two separate tables when added as new records in a third table

752 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stu_Smith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In one base I have three tables. One is for Manufacturers and another is for Products. Manufacturers records have a field that can link to multiple products from the Products table.

A third table is for special offers. The data is imported here from a separate list and it includes linked fields for both the Manufacturer and the Product.

When a record is added here it will add the Manufacturer and Product to their respective tables, if they don’t already exist. But it doesn’t automatically link the Product to the Manufacturer.

Is there any way to make that happen?!

4 Replies 4
Stu_Smith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I got there manually by copying the Product and Manufacturer columns from the third table and pasting into the Products table. Not ideal and I’ll probably have a fair few duplicates now… automatic would be better!

Thanks for anyone’s help. :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Hello and welcome to the Airtable Community @Stu_Smith!

I’d recommend looking into Airtable Automations as a recurring automatic solution to updating your records.

Utilizing Automations you can:

1. choose a trigger (in this case whenever a new record is added to the special offer table)
  2. add an action (one of the actions will allow you to update a record)

Using Airtable Automations should allow you to have a fully automatic workflow. :star2:

Oooh… ok that all looks very interesting. I’ll dive in and see if I can work it out!

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me know if you have any additional questions as you dive in!

Also if my response answered your question could you do me a favor and mark the answer as a solution using the :white_check_mark: ?