Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Automation Trigger

134 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've spent some time building some Interfaces and found that the best way to group things the way I want is to have a new table that holds groups as Linked Records. Here's the set-up:

Table 1: Events

• {Day}
  • {Month}
  • {Year}
  • {Roster}

Table 2: Roster

• {Day}
  • {Month}
  • {Year}
  • {Events (Multiple)}

This way I can roll up the team members and even build interfaces that help the Admin side adjust the roster by viewing a day's overview and then clicking into individual events. This all works perfectly!

Now I want to automate. I can build the automations to create or update the records in the Roster Table triggered when the Event table is updated. However, this seems largely inefficient. Sometimes when I edit events in bulk, it creates multiple Roster records since they all get updated simultaneously.

At the moment, I'm triggering this "manually" with a checkbox field. But this means I have to go into every single day and trigger just ONE of the events that day.

Am I missing something? There must be a better way that I'm unable to see!

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/
0 Replies 0