1012 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Sturrock
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi. Just started exploring Airbase. I want to try using it to build monthly financial projections for my service business.

Coming from Excel, I’m used to the convention of using columns/fields for months and rows/records for categories. But most of the templates and examples I’ve seen do the opposite creating a field/column for months and then doing a variety of lookup, rollups, etc to put things together.

Is this because Airbase favours using fields for formulas? Should I just change my preferences and get used to it? Or am I missing something?

I want to build my own base from scratch, because I’ve learned from experience that it’s really difficult to understand a model you haven’t built yourself, and because it seems like a good way to learn Airbase. But I would appreciate it if anyone can point me to good examples of best practice or any other resources for this.

Thanks,

Paul

2 Replies 2

Hi @Paul_Sturrock,

Welcome to Airtable ! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

You are not missing something. Airtable will allow formulas in Fields, if you use a formula in a field, it will apply to the full field (unlike excel).

Its a good idea to build your own Base. A start point for me would be to import the excel into Airtable and start from there.

BR,
Mo

RogerLee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone. I work as a web analyst at one of the Colorado banks.